Please join us for the America Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) Optimism Walk to help put an end to Parkinson's disease. The walk route is 1.1 miles around beautiful Lake Bennett and is wheelchair accessible. The more funds raised by Optimism Walk participants, the more people with Parkinson’s we can help through support services and programs, and the more research we can fund in hopes of ultimately finding a cure.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2022
REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 9:00 AM CT
WALK BEGINS AT 10:00 AM CT
ROSEVILLE CENTRAL PARK
2540 LEXINGTON AVE N.
Parkinson’s disease facts in the United States:
• Every nine minutes there is a new diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.
• 164 people on average are diagnosed per day.
• There are 60,000 new cases of Parkinson’s disease diagnosed every year.
• Parkinson’s disease is the 14th leading cause of death in the U.S. and is estimated to cost our country at least $14.4 billion annually1.
• 1.6% of people over the age of 65 are living with Parkinson’s disease.
• Onset commonly occurs after age 63, however up to 10% will receive an earlier diagnosis and are considered Young Onset.
• There is currently no cure for Parkinson’s.
About the American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) is the largest grassroots network dedicated to fighting Parkinson's and supporting every person and every family impacted by Parkinson’s across the country. APDA offer services, provide education, and fund the promising research that brings us closer to discovering the cause and finding the cure. To learn more about APDA and the services we provide, visit the APDA website.
For more information:
Call APDA Minnesota Chapter at 651-356-4378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org