The MnDRIVE Robotics, Sensors, and Advanced Manufacturing (RSAM) initiative invites proposals for Industrial Partnership Grants.
These grants will serve to seed the development of collaborative projects between faculty and industrial partners across RSAM priority areas. The objective is to support industrial collaborations in which RSAM can play pivotal roles.
These grants provide matching funds (up to 1:1) for sponsored projects from industrial partners. Awards will be made up to $50,000 in matching funds. The awards will be determined by the potential of the project to enhance and grow future industrial collaboration, the needs of the project, balancing priority RSAM areas, and the level of support provided by the industrial partner.
While all proposals will be considered, the following lists preferences in evaluating them:
- Cash contributions from the industrial partner
- An industrial partner preferably located in Minnesota
- Balancing priority areas in robotics, sensing, and advanced manufacturing (RSAM)
- In-kind contributions from the industrial partner
The proposal should be limited to 2 pages and detail the following information:
- Novelty of the proposed work
- Fit to MnDRIVE (RSAM) (please be specific as to which area it fits best)
- Specific tasks
- Committed industrial partnership
- Plans to seek external follow-on funding
In addition to the 2-page proposal, the following is required:
- Up to one page of references
- Industry partnership commitment letters detailing industrial contributions
- 2 page CVs in NSF or NIH style of the key personnel
- Budget and budget justification
- A list of current and pending support including internal funding
Use of funds for equipment, and/or in-kind equipment contributions, are not encouraged but may be considered. Faculty salaries are not allowed.
Proposals will be evaluated on a rolling basis with the following deadlines throughout the coming academic calendar:
- 30 November 2016
- 28 February 2017
- 31 May 2017
Finally, successful recipients of these grants will be required to submit a project summary and compelling image describing the project on the RSAM webpage, along with annual RSAM reports.
Submission process: Please submit the above information as a single PDF file (file size < 5 MB). Proposals not formatted exactly to the specifications above will be immediately returned. Email proposals to Char Psihos at: email@example.com.