These grants will serve to seed the development of collaborative projects between faculty and industrial partners across RSAM priority areas. The objective is to support industrial collaborations in which RSAM can play pivotal roles.
The industry contribution (cash and in-kind) will be matched up to 1:1, up to $50,000.
While all proposals will be considered, the following lists some evaluation preferences:
- Seeding new partnerships preferred
- Enhance and grow future industrial collaborations
- Cash and in-kind contributions from the industrial partner
- The industrial partner, with a preference toward those located in Minnesota
- Balancing priority areas in RSAM
The proposal should be limited to 2 pages and detail the following information:
- Innovativeness of the proposed work
- Fit to MnDRIVE - RSAM (please be specific as to which RSAM area it fits)
- Specific tasks and milestones
- A clear statement of the level of industrial partnership commitment, including a statement as to whether the PI has worked with the partner previously
- Future follow-on funding plans, which may include seeking external funding
In addition to the 2-page proposal, the following is required:
- 1 page of references
- 1-page commitment letter from the partner specifying cash and in-kind contributions
- 1-page CV(s) of the key personnel
- Budget and justification
- A list of current and pending support including internal funding
Use of funds for equipment, and/or in-kind equipment contributions, are not encouraged but may be considered. Faculty salaries are not allowed.
Finally, successful recipients of these grants will be required to:
- Submit periodic RSAM reports.
- Provide acknowledgment to the supporting donor (MnDRIVE and the industrial partner) in any subsequent publication or program publicity that may result from the project.
Submission process: Please submit the above information as a single PDF file (file size < 10 MB). Proposals not formatted exactly to the specifications above will be immediately returned.
Please contact Saad Bedros (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions or to facilitate partnerships.
Email proposals to Char Psihos at: email@example.com